Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Week 53: "...and I Love My Grandmother"

The  words ….“and I Love My Grandmother”….  ring a sweetness in my ears and heart as I’m sure they do in each of yours.  It is quite revealing to hear many young missionaries say the kindest things and share tender memories about their grandmothers when they are far away from home.  In our recent zone conference I heard a young man say  “and I love my grandmother”.  What makes it really special is it lights the world when others words and feelings are expressed about the special people in their lives.  Sharing happens in different circumstances but the words said in the testimony and day to day expressions from the young missionaries of what they feel in their hearts as they serve away from their families for 18-24 months is tender. 

 I feel special when often a missionary  will say ,” Oh Sister Miller you remind me of my grandmother”!  So to all you grandmothers remember your love, sacrifice, and support is and will influence your grandchildren.    At this season of life Robert and our five children are in my thoughts and prayers every day but always mingled daily within those thoughts and prayers  are each one of our 18 grandchildren,  and even the unborn 19th newest arrival coming soon a baby girl to be born to Monica and Mark in April 2019.  Each grandchild individually by name are on our minds,  their personalities, their talents,  their situations and interests.  Each of their spirits are divine in nature and ….“I  (We) love my (our)  Grandchildren”….!!!
Zone Conference in the Yogyakarta with the missionaries.

No comments:

Post a Comment